To Press Releases listST. LOUIS, Mo,May 19, 2015
More than 1,200 Nestlé Purina associates will use their hands, paint brushes, hammers and shovels to make a difference in the lives of the region’s pets, children, seniors and veterans. The efforts are all part of the Company’s 14th Annual Petcare Pride Day volunteer event Tuesday, May 19.
This year’s PetCare Pride Day, the Company’s community service and teambuilding event, will coincide with Nestlé Purina’s Paw It Forward movement during National Pet Month, which is designed to encourage pet owners to spend more quality time with their pets and help pets in need.
Purina associates will spend the morning on projects at several off-site locations, including the Lucas Park Dog Park in downtown St. Louis, Gateway Pet Guardians Shelter in Dogtown and the Carol House Quick Fix Clinic on Jefferson Avenue.
On campus that morning, associates will build dog houses, cat scratching posts and toy boxes, make blankets for babies and pets and assemble care and meal kits for the area’s homeless population. A drone will videotape all the campus activities.
Gateway Pet Guardians also will bring adoptable dogs to campus to visit with associates and help the dogs find forever homes when the day’s work is over.
St. Louis Cardinals mascot Fredbird and a Cardinals alum will visit associates at 1 p.m. to recognize their work and take photos with them at Headquarters. St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay will join Nestlé Purina CEO Joe Sivewright for the closing ceremony at 2:30 p.m.
Projects around the metropolitan area where Nestlé Purina associates will work from 9:30 a.m. to noon May 19 are:
- Lucas Park Dog Park – Sponsored by Beneful® brand dog food and the Nestlé Purina Innovation Group, this landscaping, painting and turf installation project will occur in the park at North 14th Street between St. Charles and Locust streets downtown. The renovations will be unveiled during a grand opening ceremony June 26 during National Bring Your Pet to Work Day.
- Carol House Quick Fix Pet Clinic – Associates will paint, redecorate and organize rooms at the clinic, 1218 S. Jefferson Ave.
- Gene Slay's Boys’ Club – Associates will landscape property around the Boys’ Club at 2524 S. 11th St.
- Brightside St. Louis and Creve Coeur Park – Sponsored by Purina’s volunteer Green Paws sustainability team, these sites near Soulard Market and in Creve Coeur Park will benefit from landscaping and maintenance work.
- Gateway Pet Guardians – Associates will spruce up the outdoor play yard at the animal shelter at 5321 Manchester Ave.
Pet therapy teams and individual associates will visit and play games with residents at both Grand Manor in Swansea, Ill., and the Missouri Veteran’s Home in Florissant, Mo.
About Nestlé Purina PetCare
Nestlé Purina PetCare promotes responsible pet care, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. A premiere global manufacturer of pet products, Nestlé Purina PetCare is part of Swiss-based Nestlé S.A., a global leader in nutrition, health and wellness.
About National Pet Month – Paw It Forward Movement
Purina teamed up with pro football wide receiver Eric Decker and his wife, Jessie Decker, a country music star, to kick off the Paw It Forward movement on May 1 in New York City. Pet lovers everywhere can visitPureLoveForPets.com throughout the month of May to learn more, upload a photo or video to prompt a Purina donation to the Petfinder Foundation (up to $30,000) and enter a sweepstakes to win Purina coupons and prizes.