This recipe brought to you in partnership with Caroline Artiss. Watch the video here.
Pair this flavorful side with California Pizza Kitchen Margherita pizza!
- ½ cup dry Quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ¼ - ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 ripe avocado cubed
- 1 ¾ cup sweet corn
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- 1 lime juiced (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- Add the quinoa and water to a small pan, cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook with the lid on for 10 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Poor quinoa into a large bowl, add all remaining salad ingredients and mix together.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the quinoa. Stir gently to mix well.
- As an option, char corn on the cob on the grill, slice off corn and add to the salad – yum!
Nutritional Information (based on 4 servings)
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 290mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg