A balanced plate that contains one frozen item alongside a unique salad makes for the perfect meal. Try this recipe for a lentil and spring greens salad, created in partnership with Bubby and Bean, alongside Stouffer's Family Size Macaroni & Cheese.
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- 1-1/2 cup of steamed lentils
- 1 bag of organic spring greens
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- Handful of raw almonds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
- For the salad, put spring greens into a large salad bowl. Slice tomatoes in half, and add to bowl, along with lentils (you can buy them pre-steamed) and almonds. Toss.
- For dressing, whisk together the olive oil and mustard, then cut lemon in half, squeeze in juice, and whisk again.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve alongside the mac and cheese.