Grilled Corn, Tomato Salad with Avocado
This recipe was created in partnership with Tastemade.
Try it with Stouffer’s Family Size Classic Mac & Cheese!
- 3 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned and parboiled
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, pitted and cut into cubes
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a large stock pot, half filled with water, bring to a boil. Add corn and parboil for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to paper lined plate.
- Heat a grill pan, on high heat. Drizzle corn with olive oil. When hot add corn, grill for total of 10-12 minutes, rotating corn occasionally to cook all sides. Remove from grill pan and let cool.
- To grill pan, add cherry tomatoes, and char all sides, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from grill pan and let cool.
- Cut red onion in quarters through the root end, leaving it intact. Grill for 3 to 4 minute on all sides. Remove from grill pan and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Cut corn off cob and add to a large bowl. Add red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado, basil, salt, pepper, lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Gently toss. Taste for seasonings. Serve.