Mini Stuffed Peppers
Looking for something to pair with your Stouffer's Macaroni & Cheese? Give this recipe a try! Created in collaboration with The Pink Wings, this recipe for stuffed mini peppers will add color, crunch, and veggies to your plate.
Ingredients (Makes 20-30 peppers):
- 1 bag sweet mini peppers (12 oz.)
- 1/2 lb. turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup cooked short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup corn
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt + pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese (opt.)
- Prep the peppers by slicing in half length-wise leaving the stem intact like in the photos. (you can also watch my video HERE.) Remove the seeds and membranes. Set aside the stem pieces, and finely dice the remaining pieces.
- In a pan over medium heat, cook your sausage, breaking it into as small of pieces as possible with your spatula. Once cooked, remove to a clean bowl. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm. In the same pan over medium heat, add the diced peppers and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a pan with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, rice, diced peppers, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and corn. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff each pepper generously with the filling and place on your pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.