Okra, Corn and Tomato Salad
For summer in a side dish, try this recipe created in partnership with Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. This salad is an easy accompaniment to Stouffer’s Lasagna with Meat and Sauce for any meal.
Ingredients (Serves 5):
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 1lb fresh okra, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry or heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 large or 3 medium/small heirloom tomatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, black pepper to taste
- Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the corn.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium heat and drizzle 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in the corn kernels and okra and sauté for about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until the corn starts to char lightly.
- While the corn and okra are cooking, cut the cherry tomatoes in half, then core the heirloom tomatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces and place into a medium bowl.
- After the corn and okra have finished cooking, add into the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil over the vegetables and season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Serve the salad warm or make head, refrigerate and serve chilled.