Quinoa & Grapefruit Herb Salad
Pairing fresh and frozen prepared foods is easy to do, and allows you to enjoy the foods you love most, like pizza. This salad recipe, created in partnership with Bobby Parrish creates a balanced plate with DiGiorno Pizza Thin & Crispy Garden Vegetable pizza.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped & roasted (optional)
- 1-2 small carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon each of fresh parsley & dill, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Couple cracks of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To cook the quinoa, bring 1 ¾ cups of water to a boil and add ½ a teaspoon of salt. Add ¾ cups of raw quinoa, stir well, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes with the lid off. All the water should be absorbed and the quinoa will be fluffy. If it looks uncooked (quinoa has not unraveled) towards the end, add another ¼ cup of water and cook until the water evaporates and the quinoa looks cooked. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and allow to cool for up to 2 hours, you can also do ahead of time and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Add the cooked and cooled quinoa to a large bowl.
- Use a knife to cut all of the skin away from the grapefruit and cut all of the grapefruit segments directly into the bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Check for seasoning, you may need more lemon juice. Salad will keep in the fridge for 3 days.