A balanced dinner is yours in no time with this recipe for spaghetti squash and meatballs paired with DiGiorno pizzeria! Primo Pepperoni pizza.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 -10 meatballs, ready-made or homemade (homemade recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups preferred marinara or meat sauce
- 1 cup preferred cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Halve the squash lengthwise and discard the seeds. Brush the inside with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Place the squash, cut-side down onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash flesh into strands. Transfer to a plate or serve right from the squash. Season with salt and top with meatballs and sauce. *Optional: Sprinkle cheese on top and return to the oven to melt cheese. Garnish with chopped parsley.
To make homemade meatballs:
- 1/2 cup chopped celery stalk
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
Place celery, carrots, shallot, parsley, thyme garlic powder and onion powder in a food processor bowl fitted with a blade attachment. Pulse until the mixture forms a paste. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add in remaining ingredients: ground beef and pork, eggs breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, using your hands, mix until well combined. From into 12 two-inch meatballs. Transfer meatballs to an oil-coated, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.