Bored with the same old burgers and franks? With more than 200 million people cooking on a grill each year, you are not alonei. In fact, according to a new KRC Research and JACK’S® Pizza survey, Americans are stuck in a grilling rut and keep returning to the same mundane menu options. The survey, which looked at Americans’ boredom with traditional grilled foods, found that two-thirds are grilling hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and steak frequently.
“After a historically cold winter, families are excited to finally get outside and fire up the grill,” says Mohini Joshi, Brand Director, JACK’S Pizza. “This summer is the perfect time to rethink your grilling repertoire because our recent survey found that both hardcore and casual grillers alike are looking for more food options to throw on the grill, including frozen pizza.”Burger Boredom and Frankfurter Fatigue
JACK’S Pizza Burger Boredom Survey, which surveyed 1,000 adult respondents nationwide about their grilling habits and food fatigue, revealed that nearly 8 in 10 consumers want more choices when it comes to what lands on the grill – especially foods that are quickly and easily prepared. The survey also found:
- Nearly 40% of Americans admit to being bored with standard grilling options such as hot dogs and hamburgers, with 50% noting that they grill hamburgers all or most of the time.
- More than 4 in 10 Americans would consider grilling frozen pizza, with more than a third saying they would like to give it a try.
- With 46% of moms and dads nationwide struggling with burger boredom and frankfurter fatigue, they are more open to grilling new foods such as frozen pizza (54%), compared to households with no kids (39%).
- Of those who use grills once a week or more with their family, 45% are from the Northeast and 43% from the Midwest regions.
Combining the ease of grilling with a meal that always delights, grilling JACK’S Pizza is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Now you can bring an indoor family favorite outdoors with these quick-and-easy cooking instructions tailored specifically for gas grills. The result? Crispy, hot, delicious pizza every time.
Turn your backyard cookout into a pizza party with three simple steps:
- Heat your gas grill to 400°F with the lid closed,
- Place the pizza directly on the center of the grate, and
- Cook for a total of 12 to 15 minutes – rotating half a turn approximately seven minutes into the cook time.
JACK’S Pizza, an affordable and great-tasting summer mealtime solution, is available nationwide at your local grocery, drug and convenience stores – visit www.nestleusa.com/product-locator to find a store with your favorite JACK’S Pizza in stock.
JACK’S Pizza Ultimate Grill Takeover Sweepstakes
What’s more, JACK’S Pizza is offering Facebook fans the chance to win a free gas grill to enjoy delicious pizza cooked outside this summer in the JACK’S Pizza Ultimate Grill Takeover sweepstakes.* From May 19 through August 9, fans are invited to visit www.JacksGrilling.com to enter for a chance to win in the weekly gas grill giveaways.
Named one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine for seventeen consecutive years, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with LEAN CUISINE® to baking traditions with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®, Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverages that make good living possible. That’s what “Nestlé. Good Food, Good Life” is all about. Nestlé USA, with 2013 sales of $10 billion, is part of Nestlé S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world’s largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2013 sales of $99 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or Facebook.com/NestleUSA.