The past year proved we can reinvent the way our teams collaborate with each other. At Nestlé USA, we’ve been reimagining what’s possible, and have begun transforming our workplace to be fit for the future. We’ve spent many years building a culture of innovation, growth, and collaboration – and now our evolved model will build on these efforts.
Across our operating companies this year we’re offering a range of flexible options tailored to the specific needs of our employees and consumers. At Nestlé USA, the new model combines collaboration in our offices alongside the flexibility to work from home on any given day – empowering employees to decide where to work based on where they are most productive.
Our New Way of Working
Empowering Employees to Define Their Workspace
- Our employees have the flexibility to work from home or in the office on any given day, depending on what works best for them.
- Employees live within commutable distance from their home campus to ensure access to collaborative spaces.
Creating Spaces that Inspire Creativity & Collaboration
- We’ve reimagined office spaces to facilitate intentional connections. This includes moving to an open seating model at all our corporate campuses and adopting team neighborhoods.
- We’ve introduced enhanced digital capabilities to drive better collaboration and enable employees to easily plan their in-office days.
Providing Benefits to Support Wellbeing, Families & Professional Growth
- We offer many resources to help employees balance work and life, including free access to digital self-care programs like Headspace, BetterHelp and myStrength.
- Employees are also encouraged to use their paid time off and embrace flexible working policies to improve work/life balance.
- Our inclusive, gender-neutral Parental Support Policy provides benefits to all kinds of families, giving employees up to 18 consecutive weeks of company-paid leave.
- We also invest in resources that empower our employees to grow – from tuition assistance to tutoring support and even free access to on-demand programs like LinkedIn Learning.
Continuing to Prioritize Health & Safety
Our top priority continues to be the health, safety, and security of our people. We continue to take a science-led approach to navigating the ongoing challenges related to COVID-19, following expert guidance, and working closely with local health authorities where we have a presence.
Across our offices we now have enhanced office safety technology and protocols including best-in-class air ionization technology, wellness screenings, and high-touch surface cleaning. Additionally, we are the first food and beverage company in the U.S. to achieve the WELL Health-Safety Rating for all our corporate locations. The WELL Health-Safety Rating is an evidence-based, third-party verified rating for buildings looking to implement, validate, and measure investments that support health and wellness – an effort that’s increasingly important since the onset of the pandemic. This achievement builds on our already rigorous health and safety protocols across both factories and campuses.
We will continue to enhance our workspaces to best serve as hubs for creativity, collaboration and culture among its employees.
Our Path Forward
As we look to the future, going back to how we used to work isn’t an option. Motivating our people, encouraging them, and empowering them to get the job done, wherever that may be, is essential to our continued business growth.