California Notice of Collection of Personal Information: Nestlé collects personal information listed below under “Information We Collect” for the purposes described below under “Information Use.” To learn more about your California privacy rights, including your right to opt out of the sale of your personal information, please scroll down to “Your California Privacy Rights.”
We collect various types of data about you, as described below.
Contact and account information. We may collect your name, address, phone number, and email address. We may also collect information you provide to create an account or profile, such as your username and password.
Interests and demographic information. In order to better understand our customers and offer products and services of interest to you, we may collect information from or about you that indicates your interests or demographic information. Examples may include date of birth, age or age range, gender, geographic location (e.g., ZIP Code), favorite products, hobbies and interests, household or lifestyle data, or transactional information about the products or services that you purchase. This may include data that indicates your work status, professional credentials, health, medical conditions, nutrition, and exercise habits and goals. It may also include data about your child’s name, age, and gender.
Payment information. We may collect your billing address and payment method information.
Customer service and feedback. We may collect information from you when you request customer support or information from us, provide feedback or reviews about your experience with us or our products, or otherwise communicate with or contact us.
Social media account information. If you link a third-party social media account with us, we may collect information you have publicly shared on your account.
Consumer-Generated Content. Any content that you create and then share with us on third-party social networks or one of our Sites or Apps. Examples include photos, videos, personal stories, or other similar media or content. Where permitted, we collect and publish consumer-generated content in connection with a variety of activities, including contests and other promotions, Site community features, consumer engagement, and third-party social networking.
Location information. We may collect information about your location, which may include your precise location or your zip code.
Site usage and device information. We may collect information about your use of our Services, including technical information about your device, browser or mobile carrier; usage information such as when you access the Services, for how long, and the websites you accessed before or after your use of the Services; and device identifiers and IP address. This information is captured using automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons that we or our third party service providers use to track use of the Services. We may also capture information concerning your interaction with the Services using third-party software embedded in the script of the Services to better understand your interactions with the Services and/or for our compliance verification purposes. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see the Your Choices & Rights section below.
There are several ways we may obtain information about you. Nestlé collects information from you (a) that you choose to share with us when using our Services, (b) that we collect automatically when you use our Services, and (c) that we receive from third parties. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly or indirectly.
We collect information from you directly. We collect information when you interact with our Services. This may include placing an order, providing a review, signing up for communications, and registering an account with us. We may collect information when you join a loyalty program or enter a promotion or contest, or if you participate in any surveys on third-party social media channels.
We collect information automatically. We and our third party service providers collect data about you using automated technology like cookies, pixels, and web beacons via our Services. We collect information about users over time when you use our Services.
We get information about you from other sources. We may collect information about you from our business partners or affiliates. We may also acquire information from other sources to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with the Services, target our communications so that we can inform you of products and services or other offers that may be of interest to you, to measure ad quality and responses, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes. We may also receive information from our “tell-a-friend” program or friends who want to send you a product.
We may use the information that we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, as follows:
- We use information to communicate with you. We may use information to answer your questions and comments, including providing you with information about this Policy or our Terms and Conditions. We may also use information to provide you with customer service.
- We use information so you can purchase our products. We may use information to process and fulfill orders. We may use information to process your registration with our Services so you can use our features.
- We use information to improve our products and Services. We may use information to make our Services better.
- We use information to personalize the Services. We may use information to personalize your experience with us, including saving preferences or settings. This may include customizing the content you see or making it easier for you to log into your account. In order to personalize the Services, we may analyze your preferences, information, and habits.
- We use information for marketing purposes. We provide you with information about new products and special offers or promotions which may include advertisements for our products and services that are tailored to you We may use information to run a sweepstakes or contest. We deliver content to you through various channels, such as email and social media platforms. If you wish to opt out of marketing emails, please see the Your Choices & Rights section below.
- We use information to protect our company and others. We use information to identify fraud, secure our Services and systems in an effort to protect you and our other customers.
- We use information for other lawful purposes or as we may disclose to you.
We may share information we collect from and about you as follows:
We share information within our family of companies. We may share information with the Nestlé S.A. family of companies, which includes all direct and indirect subsidiaries of parent company Nestlé S.A. and any future related companies.
We share information with service providers and other third parties we work with. We may share information with external companies who perform business, technical, professional, or marketing related services for us. This also includes companies that help us with fraud detection and Service operations. We may share information with data analytics vendors or market research companies. In some circumstances these entities may use your information for their own purposes. This might include internal analytics.
We share information with any successor to all or part of our business. In the event that Nestlé USA or its assets are acquired by or merged with another company, we may share all categories of information as part of that transaction. This acquisition or merger may include part of our business or one of our brands. This may occur in the event of bankruptcy.
We share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we may share all categories information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We will share information if a government agency or regulatory body requests it. This includes U.S. and non-U.S. law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
We share aggregate or anonymous non-public information. We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
We share information as permitted by law and for other reasons we may describe to you.
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Services, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information about you that we collect or receive. Please note that certain choices are specific to your browser, device, or email address. The following mechanisms give you the following control over your information:
You can opt out of marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails follow the instructions and click on the Unsubscribe link in any promotional email you get from us. If you opt out of marketing emails, you will still get transactional emails. These include emails about your relationship with us or about your account.
You can opt out of online behavioral advertising. You can opt out of behavioral advertising by participating companies. To opt out of having you online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes by participating companies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Tool for Web. The DAA also offers a tool for opting out of the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising. To exercise choice for companies participating in this tool, download the AppChoices app.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Cookies, tracking tools, and targeted advertising. We and the service providers and third parties with whom we work use several common tracking tools, including cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies, for a variety of reasons. These reasons include (1) recognizing new or past customers; (2) storing passwords for registered users; (3) improving our Sites and Apps; (4) understanding the interests of our customers and website visitors; and (5) personalizing your experience, including by serving you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested (also known as interest-based advertising). You can control certain tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies.
You can control the information social media sites share. To learn about how your data from a third-party social network is shared with us you can read their privacy policies. They will also give you instructions about the sharing controls the social network provides.
Nevada residents’ rights. We don't sell Personal Data as defined by Nevada law.
Residents of California. If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to ask us for the personal information that we collect, use, disclose, or may sell about you.
- Right to deletion: You have the right to ask us to ask us to delete your personal information that we collect. Note that there are certain reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as to complete a transaction for you, detect and prevent fraud or illegal activity, to exercise our rights, to use data solely for internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Opt-out of "Sale" and Certain Sharing Practices: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. To exercise this right, please use the link in the website footer or contact us as instructed below. Your right to opt-out is limited to information we "sell" to these third parties. "Sell" in this case does not mean providing data in exchange for money—we don't do that. "Sell" instead means the disclosure of data, including technical device data that does not identify you directly, when a third party might use that data for its own purposes, such as for personalized advertising.
- Note to California users between 13 and 16: If you are between the ages of 13 and 16, we do not "sell" your information to these third parties without authorization from you. We do not knowingly sell personal information of children under 16 years of age.
How to exercise your rights
To take advantage of any of these rights, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or 800-225-2270. For verification purposes, we may request your first and last name, any email address you may have used when registering with Nestlé USA, Inc., phone number including any other phone number used at registration, and a physical mailing address.
To prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Data, we take steps to verify an individual's request to access or delete their data - including requiring users to reach out to us directly from a verified email address, pass a challenge response, and/or confirm information associated with the account. Following verification of your identity, we will notify you if we are unable to fulfill your request and outline the reasons we are unable to honor your request at this time. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights.
You have the right to use an authorized agent to submit your requests. Please direct your agent to reach out by email at [email protected], or at 800-225-2270. Authorized agents must submit proof of the consumer’s signed authorization to make a request. We may require you to verify your identity directly with us prior to fulfilling your authorized agent’s request.
Mandatory Disclosures: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected, disclosed, or sold (as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act), the following categories of personal information:
- Collection of Personal Information: We collected identifiers/contact information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, visual, or similar information, or inferences drawn from the above. We collected this information from you, advertising networks, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks, and data brokers. We use information for business purposes as described above under “Business Purposes for Collecting Information.”
- Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, it may be interpreted that we are sold the following categories of personal information to advertising networks and affiliates: identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, or inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for business purposes: identifiers/contact information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, visual, or similar information, or inferences drawn from the above.
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts, rewards, exclusive offers, or other benefits to customers who sign up to join our loyalty program or who participate in a promotional campaign. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your name, email address, phone number, or birthday) and commercial information (like your purchase preferences and interests, or your purchase history). In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up.
The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and, for any ongoing benefits, you have the ability to opt out at any time by following the instructions set forth in the applicable loyalty program or promotional campaign. For the Lean Cuisine myRewards Loyalty Program, you can opt out by submitting a request through the Lean Cuisine Contact Us page.
The sites and apps where this Policy appears are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can write to us or email us at the addresses provided at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “Parental Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy here.
We use standard security measures. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites and apps will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution, and not to share or reuse passwords.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries. Nestlé USA is based in the United States. You understand that by interacting with us your information will be sent to the US. The laws of the US may not provide the same protections as the laws in your country.
You can reach us about this policy or our privacy practices at:
1812 N. Moore Street
Arlington, VA 22209
1 (800) 225-2270
From time to time we may change this Policy. We will notify you of any material changes as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Services. Check here for updates.