America, your dreams have come true! After months of speculation and mouth-watering rumors, Nestlé® Crunch® today confirmed that last year’s award-winning sensation, the Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars, will return for a limited time only.
Beginning May 9 at 3 p.m. EDT, fans can purchase Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars via a special online “pre-sale program” at Facebook.com/NestleCrunch, while supplies last. After the pre-sale offering, fans must wait until early June, when the Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars will become available at participating retail stores nationwide through September.
Introduced in 2012 to tremendous excitement and fanfare, Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars have won several industry accolades and awards in their first year, including:
- Product of the Year: Best Innovation in the Candy Category by Consumer Survey Product Innovation
- Best New Product by Better Homes & Gardens
- Best Brand Extension by AdWeek
- Winner of Licensed/Limited Edition Category by the National Confectionary Sales Association New Product Awards
“During their launch year, the Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars sold in record numbers, and we’re thrilled to give consumers more of what they want for a second year in a row,” said spokesperson Tricia Bowles, Nestlé USA, Confections & Snacks. “The awards were really an honor, validating that these new bars were not only enjoyed, but truly treasured by everyone.”
Inspired by the three most popular flavors of Girl Scout Cookies, Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars are produced under license from Girl Scouts of the USA and come in three varieties:
- Thin Mints™– Dark chocolate cookie wafers and mint chocolate crème, topped with airy crispies and a rich, dark chocolatey coating
- Caramel & Coconut – Cookie wafers layered with coconut caramel crème and chewy caramel, topped with toasted coconut and drizzled with caramel stripes
- Peanut Butter Crème – Cookie wafers layered with smooth peanut butter crème, topped with airy crispies and a creamy, chocolatey coating
“We continually seek innovative ways to raise awareness of Girl Scouting, and this licensing relationship with Nestle Crunch does just that,” said Barry Horowitz, vice president and general manager, Girl Scout Merchandise, Girl Scouts of the USA. “The success of last year’s promotion had parents, volunteers and the general public excited for more.”
About Girl Scouts of the USA
Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts of the USA is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls, with 3.2 million girl and adult members worldwide. Girl Scouts is the leading authority on girls' healthy development, and builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. The organization serves girls from every corner of the United States and its territories. Girl Scouts of the USA also serves American girls and their classmates attending American or international schools overseas in 90 countries. For more information on how to join, volunteer or reconnect with, or donate to Girl Scouts, call 800-GSUSA-4-U (800-478-7248) or visit www.girlscouts.org.
About Nestlé USA
Named one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine for sixteen consecutive years, Nestlé provides quality brands and products that bring flavor to life every day.
Jessica del Mundo
GSUSA Media Contact: