Integrated Consumer and Shopper Multi-brand Program Leverages Strong Hispanic Heritage
The United States is undergoing the most dramatic demographic shift in over a century. Today, there are approximately 50MM people of Hispanic descent living in the United States, which represents 16% of the total U.S. population. To reach these consumers, Nestlé USA has launched Construye el Mejor Nido (“Create the Best Nest”), a new communication platform that uses Nestlé’s nutrition, health & wellness expertise to help Hispanic consumers nurture a fulfilling family life.
“Nestlé USA has a strong history of awareness, trust and expertise among Hispanic consumers,” said Juan Motta, head of Nestlé’s Emerging Markets division. “This awareness and trust stems from a strong emotional connection with authentic Nestlé brands in consumers’ home countries such as NESCAFÉ®, ABUELITA®, NIDO® and LA LECHERA®. Construye el Mejor Nido provides consumers with information on these familiar brands, as well as with other Nestlé brands available in the United States such as JUICY JUICE® and STOUFFER’S®.”
The Construye el Mejor Nido platform includes the following elements:
- Spanish-Language Television: 76% of Hispanic consumers watch Spanish language television. Three emotional television ads were developed to demonstrate how Nestlé products fit into Hispanic consumers’ everyday life and help them to nurture their family’s lives. The ads also leverage and reinforce Nestlé’s iconography of the “nest” in the Nestlé corporate logo which conveys family, trust and well-being to Hispanics. This is the first time that this has been brought to life in the U.S.
- Social Media: Facebook reaches 98% of Hispanic women 35-49 who go online. Facebook.com/ElMejorNido was created so that consumers can engage with the brand and each other, find cultural connection and share recipes and tips. The Facebook page also features contributions from Hispanic bloggers who represent a variety of Latino backgrounds.
- Bilingual Lifestyle Website: 52% of Hispanics are online, and 47% visit Spanish-language sites daily. A new bilingual website, www.ElMejorNido.com, is designed for Hispanic families and features Hispanic bloggers and tips, articles, recipes and videos on food, wellness, culture and parenting. The site provides families with all of the tools to “create their best nests,” and includes an option for visitors to opt-in to receive ongoing communications that provide nutrition tips, new product introductions, ideas for connecting with their culture and special offers.
- In-Store Marketing: Research indicates that Hispanic consumers shop multiple channels each week, so Construye El Mejor Nido will reach Hispanic shoppers in both independent and mainstream stores through culturally relevant in-store circulars, bilingual door hangers, and recipe booklets.
- Engaging Sampling – Sampling is an important means for consumers to try new products. Nestlé is partnering with Hispanic families as part of their real life celebrations via the distribution of “Fiesta Packs” filled with Nestlé products, recipes, and party supplies. The packs provide consumers with high value samples, while introducing them to new products.
Construye El Mejor Nido has been well received by consumers, with traffic to the website and Facebook page exceeding expectations. This is in large part due to the credibility and strong equity that the Nestlé name has with consumers. This new program marks many firsts for Nestlé including:
- 1st integrated multi-brand platform that crosses both consumer & shopper in the U.S.
- 1st time Nestlé USA will invest behind the Nestlé brand in a corporately branded campaign
- 1st time Nestlé iconography of the “nest” is leveraged and brought to life in the U.S.
- 1st time Nestlé USA will leverage its strong equity and drive associations between the Nestlé brand and individual brands.
About Nestlé USA
Named one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine for fourteen consecutive years, Nestlé provides quality brands and products that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with Lean Cuisine® to baking traditions with Nestlé® Toll House®, Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. That’s what “Nestlé. Good Food, Good Life” is all about. Well-known Nestlé USA brands include: Nestlé® Toll House®, Nestlé® Nesquik®, Nestlé® Coffee-mate®, Stouffer’s®, Lean Cuisine®, HOT POCKETS® and LEAN POCKETS® brand sandwiches, Nescafé®, NESTLÉ® Juicy Juice®, Buitoni®, DREYER’S/EDY’S®, Nestlé® Crunch®, Nestlé® Butterfinger®, Wonka®, DIGIORNO®, TOMBSTONE® and CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN® frozen pizza. Nestlé USA, with 2010 sales of $10.4 billion, is part of Nestlé S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world’s largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2010 sales of $105 billion.Request permission from Nestlé USA.
- Edie Burge, Nestlé USA, 818-551-3284, [email protected]é.com