Meet ice cream’s Italian cousin, gelato. The Häagen-Dazs® brand is excited to introduce its newest thoughtfully-crafted offering, Häagen-Dazs Gelato, a smooth indulgence that is surprisingly light on your palate, yet bursting with robust flavors. Häagen-Dazs Gelato will debut with seven Italian-inspired flavors that will transport you to Italy with every spoonful.
Truly made like no other®, Häagen-Dazs Gelato uses only the finest, most essential ingredients to achieve an exceptional balance of flavors. Madagascar vanilla, Brazilian coffee, San Francisco sea salt, Oregon cherries and South African lemons are just some of the ingredients used to create the rich and creamy dessert.
“Leisurely strolls through the piazza at dusk, an appreciation of centuries old craftsmanship, and a love of food that borders on obsession, these are the essential Italian moments we had in mind when creating Häagen-Dazs Gelato,” said Cady Behles, Häagen-Dazs brand manager. “As the first super premium national brand to offer gelato, we wanted to make sure we got every detail exactly right by providing those who know and love our brand with the perfect expression of the Italian experience.”
Häagen-Dazs Gelato will be available nationwide beginning April 2013 and will feature the following irresistible flavors:
- Stracciatella Gelato - Inspired by the Italian classic, Häagen-Dazs Stracciatella gently folds rich chocolaty shavings into smooth, sweet cream gelato.
- Sea Salt Caramel Gelato - Rich in flavor, Häagen-Dazs Sea Salt Caramel blends ribbons of sea salt caramel into creamy caramel gelato.
- Dark Chocolate Chip Gelato - Decadent and creamy, Häagen-Dazs Dark Chocolate Chip is a perfect blend of bittersweet chocolaty chips in dark chocolate gelato.
- Vanilla Bean Gelato - Elegant in flavor, Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean is a blend of rich and creamy vanilla gelato with flecks of vanilla beans.
- Cappuccino Gelato - Bold and complex, Häagen-Dazs Cappuccino is a beautiful blend of cappuccino and sweet cream gelato.
- Limoncello Gelato - Sweet and zesty, Häagen-Dazs Limoncello is a blend of creamy lemon gelato with vodka.
- Black Cherry Amaretto Gelato- Delightfully creamy, Häagen-Dazs Black Cherry Amaretto is a blend of delicious black cherries with amaretto, an Italian liqueur.
Each flavor will be available in 14 oz. cartons for a suggested retail price of $4.79. Sea Salt Caramel Gelato and Vanilla Bean Gelato will also be available in 3.6 oz. cups for a suggested retail price of $1.49.
Additionally, the launch of Häagen-Dazs Gelato will be supported by a full marketing mix including television, print and online advertising, as well as public relations, point of sale materials, a consumer promotion and a strong digital strategy.
For additional product information, please visit www.HaagenDazs.com.
Crafted in 1961 by Reuben Mattus in his family’s dairy, Häagen-Dazs ice cream is the original super premium ice cream. True to tradition, we are committed to using only the purest ingredients in crafting the world’s finest ice cream. Truly made like no other, today Häagen-Dazs ice cream offers a full range of products from ice cream to sorbet, frozen yogurt and frozen snacks in more than 65 flavors. Häagen-Dazs products are available around the globe for ice cream lovers to enjoy. For more information, please visit www.haagendazs.com.
About Nestlé Dreyer’s Ice Cream
Nestlé Dreyer’s Ice Cream Company is part of Nestlé USA, and is owned by Nestlé S.A. of Vevey, Switzerland, the world’s largest nutrition, health and wellness company. Nestlé Dreyer’s Ice Cream Company manufactures, markets and distributes a full spectrum of ice cream and frozen snacks. The company’s premium products are marketed under the Dreyer’s brand name throughout the Western states and Texas, and under the Edy’s® brand name throughout the remainder of the United States. Brands manufactured or distributed in the United States include Dreyer’s/Edy’s® Grand, Slow Churned®, Dibs®, MAXX, Outshine™, Nestlé Crunch®, Drumstick®, Butterfinger®, Toll House®, Push-Up®, Frosty Paws®, Eskimo Pie®, Skinny Cow® and Häagen-Dazs®. Internationally, the Dreyer’s brand extends to select markets in the Far East and the Edy’s brand extends to the Caribbean and South America. For more information on the company, please visit www.nestleusa.com.
In the U.S., the Häagen-Dazs trademark is licensed to Nestlé by General Mills.
Media contacts:Diane McIntyre