LEAN CUISINE® and FRESH EXPRESS® are teaming up to offer a deliciously easy way to make good food choices. Enjoy one of four new LEAN CUISINE® Salad Additions™ varieties with your favorite FRESH EXPRESS® lettuce for a restaurant-quality salad that’s customized to your preferences, prepared in minutes, and perfectly portioned with 350 calories or less.
“We know that LEAN CUISINE® consumers have lettuce in their fridge, but they may not have the other ingredients or the time to make an exciting and satisfying salad,” said Mike Niethammer, LEAN CUISINE® Director of Marketing. “The new LEAN CUISINE® Salad Additions™ varieties provide consumers with everything they need to dress up their lettuce and enjoy a tasty salad with the convenience that’s offered by frozen foods.”
FRESH EXPRESS® lettuce and LEAN CUISINE® Salad Additions™ also make it easier to follow USDA MyPlate guidance, which suggests filling half your plate with vegetables. Simply choose your favorite type of FRESH EXPRESS® lettuce and add a LEAN CUISINE® Salad Additions™ variety, which are prepared to perfection in a steam pouch and include grilled white meat chicken, crisp vegetables, chilled dressings and crunchy toppings. Go from your freezer to your salad bowl with a perfect solution for building a nutritious plate.
“With LEAN CUISINE® and FRESH EXPRESS®, consumers have a creative new avenue to enjoy quality salads anytime, anywhere,” said Bob Stallman, Director of Marketing and Global Licensing, Chiquita Brands International. “LEAN CUISINE® Salad Additions™ paired with your favorite FRESH EXPRESS® salad is also a convenient way to eat a nutritious and satisfying meal.”
Available in four varieties, LEAN CUISINE® Salad Additions™ can be found in the frozen aisle of supermarkets nationwide:
- NEW! Asian-Style Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette: Grilled white meat chicken, edamame, pineapple, broccoli and yellow & orange carrots with crispy noodles
- Pair with FRESH EXPRESS® Romaine Lettuce
- NEW! Southwest-Style Chicken Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing: Grilled white meat chicken, black beans, sweet corn, roasted red peppers and poblano peppers with crispy tortilla strips
- Pair with FRESH EXPRESS® Romaine Lettuce
- NEW! Cranberry & Chicken Salad with Raspberry Cabernet Vinaigrette: Grilled white meat chicken, dried cranberries, broccoli, red onions, yellow carrots and a blend of whole grains with crunchy sesame sticks
- Pair with FRESH EXPRESS® Sweet Butter Lettuce
- NEW! Bistro Chicken Salad with Sweet & Tangy Vinaigrette with Bacon: Grilled white meat chicken, asparagus, yellow carrots and red peppers with crispy onion straws
- Pair with FRESH EXPRESS® Baby Spinach
To learn more about all of the LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Chic varieties, join the conversation on our following websites:
- Official website: www.LeanCuisine.com
- Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/LeanCuisine
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LeanCuisine
- See what's happening on Tumblr: www.beculinarychic.tumblr.com
- Follow our feed on Instagram: CulinaryChic
- Check out what's new on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/leancuisine
To learn more about all of the FRESH EXPRESS® salad varieties, join the conversation on our following websites:
- Official website: www.freshexpress.com
- Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/FreshExpressSalads
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/freshupdates
- Check out what's new on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/freshexpress
About Nestlé USA:
Named one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine for sixteen consecutive years, Nestlé provides quality brands and products that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with Lean Cuisine® to baking traditions with Nestlé® Toll House®, Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. That’s what “Nestlé. Good Food, Good Life” is all about. Nestlé USA, with 2012 sales of $10 billion, is part of Nestlé S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world’s largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2012 sales of $98 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or Facebook.com/NestleUSA.
About Fresh Express Incorporated:
Fresh Express, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (NYSE: CQB), is a leader in fresh foods and is dedicated to providing consumers with healthy, convenient ready-to-eat salads, leafy greens, vegetables and fruits. With the invention of its special Keep Crisp® Bag in the 1980s, Fresh Express pioneered the retail packaged salad category and was the first to make them available to grocery stores nationwide. Today, Fresh Express fresh salads come in more than 60 different varieties offering exciting new flavors and convenient new ways to meet the daily dietary requirements for fresh produce. More than 20 million consumers each week enjoy healthy, convenient ready-to-eat Fresh Express salads, spinach, vegetables and greens. For more information, visit www.freshexpress.com.
FRESH EXPRESS is a registered trademark of Fresh Express Incorporated.
Media contacts:Roz O’Hearn
Nestlé Prepared Foods Company