Nestlé Purina has released its 2016 Creating Shared Value report for the Americas, demonstrating how the company is making a positive impact for pets, people and the planet.
The report provides an in-depth look at the many ways Nestlé Purina continues to contribute to society across four key impact areas:
- Pet Nutrition, Health and Wellness: Improving the lives of pets through healthy foods backed by our leading science and nutritional expertise and produced using the highest standards in quality and safety
- Environmental Sustainability: Creating a better world by using natural resources efficiently and responsibly to preserve our environment and create positive impacts to society
- Our People: Investing in people through our dedication to associate safety, health and well-being, recruitment of people who share our values and commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Pets and the Community: Leveraging our expertise, scale and passion for pets to improve the quality of life for pets and their owners
Highlights from the report include:
- Advancing the health and wellbeing of pets through new product innovations targeting specific nutritional benefits such as healthy aging and dental care
- Achieving zero waste to landfill status at seven sites ahead of our 2020 commitment
- Supporting the restoration of more than 150 acres of watershed in the U.S. through a project with The Nature Conservancy along the Wabash River
- Achieving 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index in the U.S.
- Enabling the adoption of 1.7 million pets through Petfinder.com
- Providing long-term support to pet shelters and rescues across the Americas to help increase the number of pets finding loving homes. In 2016, Nestlé Purina donated $32 million worth of product and monetary funding to organizations across the Americas
- Opening the Purina Family Pet Center St. Louis Children’s Hospital, where patients and their families can reunite with their family pet during the treatment process
- Reaching 355,000 children and adults with responsible pet ownership communication and programs
To read the full report, visit: www.purina.com/CSV.
About Nestlé Purina PetCare
Nestlé Purina PetCare promotes responsible pet care, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. A premiere global manufacturer of pet products, Nestlé Purina PetCare is part of Swiss-based Nestlé S.A., a global leader in nutrition, health and wellness.