Supporting Our Communities
Supporting thriving communities starts with our employees. We are all members of the communities in which we live and work and thus foster an environment and culture of volunteerism and helping others. From community outreach days to disaster relief aid and supporting food security in our neighborhoods, we pride ourselves on enabling thriving communities.
Volunteering in Our Communities
Near corporate offices and factory locations spanning from big cities to rural communities, we're committed to going out into our communities and providing support for our neighbors across America.
- Every August, Nestlé hosts its annual Nestlé Cares day. In 2018, more than 5,000 employees took part in 150 events across 47 states. This event extended our support of Feeding America, the largest domestic hunger-relief organization in the United States.
- Each year, Nestlé Purina celebrates PetCare Pride Day – a day devoted to community service at the team’s St. Louis Headquarters and at many of our factory facilities across the country. In 2018, more than 1500 Purina associates volunteered at 22 local charities.
Nestlé partners with national and local non-profit organizations that are tackling food insecurity in our communities.
- In 2018 we donated 11 million meals to Feeding America.
- Our partnership with Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign has helped an additional 10,000 children in Virginia access school breakfast programs.
- We partner with La Cocina, an Arlington VA based non-profit that provides culinary skills training for the unemployed, and donates meals made during training to local families in need of food.
- A group of volunteers from our Arlington office volunteer monthly at Miriam's Kitchen, a Washington DC based non-profit dedicated to ending chronic homelessness.