Sweet! Hollywood’s one-of-a-kind shopping experience
Deliciously delectable surprises await visitors to Sweet! Hollywood, the most ridiculously fun, brand-new sweet spot in all of Hollywood. More fantastic than any candy shop you’ve ever seen, and inspired by legendary candy maker Willy Wonka, Sweet! Hollywood is a playground of discovery that mixes joy, wonder and sweetness in a fun, energizing and one-of-a-kind retail emporium devoted to all things candy.
Unwrapping this fall at the Hollywood & Highland Center, Sweet! Hollywood is a colorful, colossal candy extravaganza that lets both kids and adults immerse in the splendiferous joy of chocolate and lollipops, jelly beans and bubble gum, and, at last, the amazing world of eminent chocolatier Willy Wonka. Where else would you find The Sweet Tooth™, an oversized white chocolate molar, The Golden Chocolate Egg, an enormous milk chocolate egg adorned with real 23-karat gold luster, or the fantastically fruity and colorful White Chocolate Pencils (That Really Write)?
The store’s centerpiece is the new WONKA® boutique, a fantastical sweets emporium that brings to life the world of Willy Wonka and his deliciously outrageous candy creations. Carrying every kind of WONKA candy and exclusive WONKA merchandise, the boutique is ringed with authentic English telephone booths filled with WONKA treats. Outside the store, whimsical window displays document Wonka’s epic travels, which inspired his most creative chocolate collections yet—the WONKA Inventing Room™ Collection.
“Sweet! Hollywood is the exclusive home of the WONKA ® Inventing Room—a new artisan chocolate collection that captures the whimsy and wonder of Willy Wonka’s fantastic adventures around the world,” said WONKA spokesperson Tricia Bowles of Nestlé USA Confections & Snacks. “WONKA fans of all ages have dreamt about how candy would look and taste if Willy Wonka’s imagination were truly let loose. Now we know, and what better place to experience these delightful and delicious new WONKA Inventing Room chocolates than the capital of creativity and imagination, Hollywood?”
NEW WONKA® Inventing Room™ Collection
Prepare to be astonished and intrigued as Wonka premieres his new artisan chocolates, the WONKA Inventing Room Collection, available exclusively at Sweet! Hollywood. The special assortments bring to life the never-before-told-story of Wonka’s amazing travels around the globe and across the galaxies. Inspired by the world’s most fantastic extraordinary wonders, Wonka stirred the sights, sounds, flavors and colors culled from his adventures into four new, handmade chocolate truffle collections. The collections, which showcase Wonka’s extraordinary skill as a gourmet chocolatier, include:
The Travel Trunk Collection™ combines the look of volcanic lava, an arctic ice floe and even a desert cactus with Wonka’s unique, yet universally appealing interpretation of their flavors. His set of 12 natural wonders sculpted into chocolate miniatures let you taste his travels through tropical jungles, desert cliffs, sandy deserts and more.
The Kaleidoscope Collection™ tours the vivid flavors of carnivals and fairs to make colorful rounds that deliciously transform funnel cakes, potato chips, watermelon or caramel corn into truffle filings. One bite of a Caramel Apple Coaster or a Lemon Dunk makes the whole kaleidoscope of carnival flavors become clear and bright, lighting up every single taste bud.
Take one look at Square Sweets That Look Round and you will see delightful, beguiling and expressive milk chocolates beaming with personality and unique flavors such as Au Revoir Salted Caramel Crème™, Mind Your Own Nougat!™, Wake Me a Cappuccino™, Cry Me a Cherry River™, Oops! Was This Your Caramel Nutty Nougat?, Did Ya Hear the One About Almond Toffee Munch?™, and Psst, It’s Me…Peanut Brittle™.
For the Observatory Collection™, Wonka recreated the wonders of space. He procured the galaxy’s most fascinating ingredients to capture the taste of his journey amid planets, meteors and stars in truffles such as Black Hole Cherry Caramel™, Martian Mallow Mint Chip and Spice Oddity™.
Featuring 12 themed boutiques in a glorious retail carnival, Sweet! Hollywood turns candy into an entertainment experience:
- Visitors can create custom chocolate bars, take personal tasting tours and play exciting candy games in addition to shopping in candy boutiques that are exclusive to Sweet! Hollywood.
- Shoppers can play a tune as they climb the musical piano key stair steps to the store.
- Inside, watch gumballs travel 700 feet of track—propelled by a beautiful red Ferrari.
- Outside, shoppers can learn about Willy Wonka’s far-flung adventures by gazing into the elaborate store windows designed by Academy Award-winning designers, Moonbot Studios, and built by one of Hollywood’s go-to set designers, Jim Hayes.
Of course, candy takes a starring role in this Hollywood blockbuster, home to dozens of exclusive candy concepts, themed apparel, souvenirs, gifts and curiosities. Each boutique highlights distinctive candy collections curated from across the world, including:
- Debuting in America at Sweet! Hollywood is Sticky, a colorful candy from Australia made right before your eyes! Uniquely Uncommonly talented candy sculptors create some of the most exquisite hand-made sugar candies ever seen in a live show guaranteed to fascinate and delight your senses.
- The Peace of Candy boutique excites with an international assortment of unique candy flavors and packages, while over in the Route 66 shop, visitors travel through American candy history with a collection of new and vintage brands.
- The Stay Puft boutique is wall-to-wall marshmallows, and Rick O’Lish Licorice gathers every kind of licorice in one fabulous place. The Yucky shop tweaks the sweetness of candy and merchandise with fun, gross-out treats.
- AS IF: The Shop for Spoiled Girls is a couture candy collection that offers gourmet lollipops, Hello Kitty-licensed candy and custom chocolate high-heel “shoes” in vivid prints and colors.
- The Tinseltown boutique includes a glamorous collection of famous-character candies, chocolate Walk of Fame stars, and Hollywood’s coolest gifts and souvenirs.
Sweet! Hollywood’s one-of-a-kind shopping experience is as lively as its Hollywood location. The store features inventive tasting stations that allow shoppers to freely explore a vast variety of candy using the refillable Sweet! Candy Card. The Candy Card allows visitors to easily journey through the tasting machines, interactive games, bins of wrapped candies sold by the pound, and an incredible, build-your-own-chocolate-bar workshop, the Chocolate Lab, featuring 30-plus creative mix-ins.
Sweet! Hollywood occupies 30,000 square feet in the Hollywood & Highland Center, which includes the Dolby Theatre (home to the Academy Awards) and Grauman’s Chinese Theatres.
The Willy Wonka Candy Factory opened its doors in 1983. Since that time, WONKA has been dedicated to the art of producing fun, innovative, high-quality confections for candy lovers of all ages. WONKA candies include SWEETARTS®, LAFFY TAFFY®, NERDS®, NERDS® Rope, SPREE®, EVERLASTING GOBSTOPPER®, LIK-M-AID® FUN DIP, PIXY STIX®, SHOCKERS, BOTTLE CAPS®, RUNTS®, KAZOOZLES®. THE WILLY WONKA CANDY FACTORY is owned by Nestlé USA, Inc. For more information about WONKA, visit WONKA.com or Facebook.com/WONKA. For information on the WONKA® Inventing Room™ Collection, visitWonkaInventingRoom.com.
About Nestlé USA
Named one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine for 14 consecutive years, Nestlé provides quality brands and products that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with Lean Cuisine®, to baking traditions with Nestlé® Toll House®, Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. That’s what “Nestlé. Good Food, Good Life” is all about. Nestlé USA, with 2011 sales of $10 billion, is part of Nestlé S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world’s largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2011 sales of $94 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or NestleNewsroom.com.
6801 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
GolinHarris for WONKA