Arugula and Roasted Pear Salad with Toasted Walnuts
We partnered with Hungry Couple to create this flavorful salad that is just the right amount of sweet and makes a great pair when served with DiGiorno Pizzeria! Thin Margherita pizza.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 4 Cups arugula
- 2 Pears
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the pears vertically and scoop out the seeds with a spoon or melon baller. Spread the walnut halves on one side of the baking sheet and layer the pear slices on the other. Place in the oven for about 5 minutes, toss the nuts and flip the pears. Continue roasting for an additional 5 minutes.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and mustard until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad by adding the arugula to a large bowl or platter. Top with the roasted pear slices, sprinkle on the walnuts and drizzle with the dressing.