This comforting and satisfying one-pot casserole created in partnership with NeighborFood makes for an easy no-fuss dish using Buitoni tortellini and marinara sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 15 ounce can Buitoni marinara sauce
- 20 ounces Buitoni three cheese tortellini
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups low fat shredded mozzarella
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until starting to soften, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Add the mushrooms and zucchini and sauté until softened, another 5-6 minutes. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the Italian sausage and cook until browned, stirring often. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, and marinara sauce and bring to a boil. Gently stir in the tortellini, nestling into the liquid. Season with oregano. Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until tortellini is tender and cooked through. Remove the mixture from heat and stir in spinach until wilted.
- Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the skillet with cheese then place under the broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.