Italian Stir-fry Veggies
These stir-fry veggies have an unexpected twist: they’re Italian-style! Serve this recipe, created in partnership with Watch What U Eat, as a side to Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese for a complete wholesome meal.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 bell pepper each of red, green and yellow cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium broccoli head cut into florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 green apple sliced
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and sauté for few minutes
- Then add diced bell peppers, broccoli and sauté 5-6 minutes
- Add sundried tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix well
- Before serving, top with some basil pesto and apple slices.
- You can reserve and use olive oil drained from a can of sun-dried tomato to stir-fry veggies.
- You can also add some leafy greens for added nutrition.
- If you are super busy, you can go with frozen peppers to cut down prep time.