A cornerstone of our work is ensuring we are using industry-leading research and applying that to our portfolio of products to help meet all families at each life stage. In May 2018, we launched our global flagship initiative, Nestlé for Healthier Kids, unifying our efforts around the world to support parents and caregivers on their journey to raise healthier kids. From leading research to product development, from education to innovative nutrition and lifestyle services, our ambition is to help 50 million children lead healthier lives by 2030.
Providing Nutrition Information
Nestlé has made a continuous effort to improve our product labels to meet consumers’ desire to know key ingredients and where their food comes from, as well as accommodate changing consumer preferences.
- We are participating in SmartLabel™, a labeling initiative aimed at providing consumers—via their smartphones—instant access to detailed information on thousands of products.
- We adopted the Facts Up Front labeling system to provide a consistent and simple guide to nutrition information, which is now available on all the front of all relevant food and beverage packaging.
- We offer portion guidance options on 100% of all relevant food and beverage products across our portfolio.
- We created our Thoughtful Portion™ box in the Nestlé Nutritional Compass® to provide a consistent location for all relevant products to provide an on-pack portion suggestion.
Supporting Healthy Hydration
As part of inspiring people to lead healthier lives, we continue to share research on the health benefits of thoughtful beverage choices and advocate for water consumption as an important part of a balanced diet.
- Recently, Nestlé Waters shared data with an academic institution, which will provide a global baseline for people’s fluid intake, free for anyone to access.
- We also expanded our Choose Water global campaign to include the United States, announced in 2018 in partnership with WWE to educate and encourage consumers to increase their hydration habits.